20 septembrie 2016

Book Review: Orhan Pamuk " A strangeness in my mind"


Orhan Pamuk won the Nobel Prize in Literature in  2006. His novel My Name is Red won the 2003 iMPAC Dublin Literary Award. 
The first time I read this author and his books. When I found this book in the bookstore made me curious to read because I'd heard he is a very good author. I started reading " A strangeness in my mind" by Orhan Pamuk, with great interest and curiosity.
Being the Adventures and Dreams of Mevlut Karatas, a Seller of Boza, and of His friends, and Also a Potrait of Life in Instanbul Between 1969 and 2012 from, many different Points of View.
At the age of twelve, Melvut Karata comes to Istambul, hoping to make it rich yet luck never seems to be on  his side. He spends three years writing love letters to a girl he saw just once at a wedding, only to elope by mistake with her sister. And though he grows to cherish his wife and the family they have, he stumbles toward middle age in a series of jobs leading nowhere. But every evening, without fail, Mevlut still wanders the streets of Istanbul, until fortune conspires once more to let him understand at last what it is he has always yearned for.
Told from different perespectives by a host of beguiling characters, A strangeness in My Mind is a modern epic about coming of age in a great city, and a brilliant tableau of life in Istanbul over the past fifty years, from Nobel Prize winning bestelling author Orhan Pamuk.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu